“Family isn’t always blood.
It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs;
the ones who accept you for who you are.
The ones who would do anything to see you smile
and who love you no matter what.”—unknown…in honor of National Step-Family Day
it WAS amazing. and STRONG! of course the added tequila shots didn’t hurt. then we parked our drunk asses on a tour bus for three hours in the sun (thankfully, there was a potty break and sunscreen) and laughed like fools. it was awesome.
1. I am grateful for a ridiculous and amazing day off playing “tourist” in hollywood with my pal. We drank giant margaritas, pointed out the homes we’d like to own in Holmby Hills and we visited the cupcake ATM. We laughed a lot, but are perfectly comfortable being quiet some, too - although not THAT quiet.
2. I am grateful that when wonderdad visited his mother yesterday she sent home a recommendation for a book I should “hate-read.” I love a) that she thinks of me and b) that we can bond not just over books we like, but the ones we really, really don’t.
3. I am grateful that although there will be many places I won’t see and experiences I won’t have in my lifetime (whether through lack of opportunity or lack of funds), I will be able to say I did whatever I could to make life fun - for me and for the people I love.
1. I am grateful for rain and two rainbows on the way home from work.
2. I am grateful for my darling friend, Jenni, who sends me encouraging words when I am overwhelmed.
3. I am grateful for treats like lavender water and halloween oreos - although NOT together at the same time.
4. I am grateful for the speed at which my brain works - allowing me to fly through 12 classes today, still solve an inventory issue and remember all the words to the theme song of “The Greatest American Hero.”
5. I am grateful for the days when the girls are home and we can laugh through dinner.
6. I am grateful for wonderdad and for the restorative power of nachos and big, big love.